Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stars / Silver / Gold

I stuck to stories about stars in the sky, but there are many stories about star fish out there. 

Stars:
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star by Rosemary Wells
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star by Annie Kubler
I am a Star by Jean Marzollo
Fancy Nancy: Sees Stars by Jane O'Connor
I Like Stars by Margeret Wise Brown (Step into Reading series)
Five Wishing Stars by Treesha Runnells
On a Starry Night by Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
Stars by Mary Lyn Ray
Seeing Stars: Shining Star Light by Charles Hobson
Five Shiny Stars by Gabriella Buckingham
Stars! Stars! Stars! by Bob Barner
Our Stars by Anne Rockwell
The Big Dipper by Franklyn M Barnley
Zoo in the Sky: A Book of Animal Constellations by Jacqueline Mitton
Find the Constellations by H. A. Rey
The Stars by H. A Rey (I had these two by H.A. Rey growing up)
How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers
The Sneetches by Dr Suess (not about stars in the sky, but had to include it because I love it and stars play an important role)
Draw Me a Star by Eric Carle (controversial themes of creation and one nude illustration) 



Silver / Gold
Siliverlicious by Victoria Kann
Goldilicous by Victoria Kann


I couldn't find anything else that looked good searching "silver" and "gold."  But here is what I have for color books we have read.

Colors:
Hello Kitty, Hello Color
Cat's Colors by Jane Caberea
A Red Train by Bernette Ford
My First Colors: Let's Learn Them All by Dawn Sirett (DK Publishers)
My Many Colored Days by Dr Suess (also about emotions)
Happy Baby Colors by Roger Priddy
Bright Baby Colors by Roger Priddy
My First Colors Board Book by Angela Wilkes
Spicy Hot Colors by Sherry Shahan
Color Zoo by Lois Elhert (also about shapes)
Color Farm by Lois Elhert (also about shapes)
I Love Colors by Margaret Miller
Baby's Colors by Karen Katz
Maisy's Colors by Lucy Cousins
Kipper's Book of Colors by Mick Inkpen

No comments:

Post a Comment